Friday, August 23, 2013

Garage Doors

I finally finished painting the deck, so I moved onto the next project which was to paint and install hardware for the garage doors.

We searched the internet for appropriate garage door handles, but couldn't find anything suitable that wasn't really expensive. We decided to show the iron-workers who built the deck railing a picture of what we wanted and they were able to duplicate the handles. It only cost $50 for the pair.

Here are the handles.


They needed to be painted black along with the hasp lock.


After masking off the hinges I began painting the doors.


I finished painting with a roller the following day.


I then installed the lock and handles.


Job done!


Here is a shot of the whole house the doors blend well into the concrete.


I had enough paint left to use on the surface of the worktable.

No comments:

Post a Comment